1. [amazon_link id=”1594746370″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]William Shakespeare’s Star Wars[/amazon_link]- Ian Doescher- $14.95
Return once more to a galaxy far, far away with this sublime retelling of George Lucas’s epic Star Wars in the style of the immortal Bard of Avon. The saga of a wise (Jedi) knight and an evil (Sith) lord, of a beautiful princess held captive and a young hero coming of age, Star Wars abounds with all the valor and villainy of Shakespeare’s greatest plays. ’Tis a tale told by fretful droids, full of faithful Wookiees and fearstome Stormtroopers, signifying…pretty much everything.
2. [amazon_link id=”B009NFHF0Q” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]The Ocean at the End of the Lane[/amazon_link]-Neil Gaiman- $25.99
3. [amazon_link id=”0345511425″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Star Wars: Crucible[/amazon_link]- Troy Denning- $27.00
When Han and Leia Solo arrive at Lando Calrissian’s Outer Rim mining operation to help him thwart a hostile takeover, their aim is just to even up the odds and lay down the law. Then monstrous aliens arrive with a message, and mere threats escalate into violent sabotage with mass fatalities. When the dust settles, what began as corporate warfare becomes a battle with much higher stakes—and far deadlier consequences.
4. [amazon_link id=”0425255700″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Affliction[/amazon_link]- Laurell K. Hamilton- $28.95
Some zombies are raised. Others must be put down. Just ask Anita Blake. Before now, she would have considered them merely off-putting, never dangerous. Before now, she had never heard of any of them causing human beings to perish in agony. But that’s all changed. Micah’s estranged father lies dying, rotting away inside from some strange ailment that has his doctors whispering about “zombie disease.” Anita makes her living off of zombies—but these aren’t the kind she knows so well. These creatures hunt in daylight, and are as fast and strong as vampires. If they bite you, you become just like them. And round and round it goes
Where will it stop?
Even Anita Blake doesn’t know.
5. [amazon_link id=”1937068447″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Grimm’s Fairy Tales Omnibus[/amazon_link]- Ralph Tedesco, Joe Brusha- $59.99
Experience the uniquely twisted fairy tales from the minds of Joe Brusha and Ralph Tedesco! Follow the heroine Sela as she uses the classic tales of old to lead modern day men and women to the right choices while combating the lure of evil. Collecting issues #1-50 of the hit independent series.
6. [amazon_link id=”0785153942″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero[/amazon_link]- Travis Beacham- $24.99
Don’t miss this exciting sci-fi prequel graphic novel of the highly anticipated Warner Bros. & Legendary motion picture, Pacific Rim directed by Guillermo del Toro! Chronicling the very first time Earth is menaced by incredible monsters known as Kaiju, these inhuman beasts rise from the ocean depths and threaten to extinguish all mankind! Witness the race to develop massive robot fighting machines called Jaegers, each one controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. This action-packed tale features many of the key characters from the film as we follow them in their early careers. Witten by Pacific Rim screenwriter himself, Travis Beacham, and with del Toro’s hands-on supervision, this volume is beautifully illustrated by Sean Chen, Yvel Guichet, and Pericles Junior; inks by Steve Bird and Mark McKenna; and fully painted cover by superstar artist Alex Ross.
7. [amazon_link id=”1401241891″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Superman: The Golden Age Omnibus[/amazon_link]- Jerry Siegel, Joel Shuster- $75.00
The earliest adventures of Superman, from his 1938 debut through 1940, are collected for the first time together in one massive hardcover. In these early stories, Superman battles social injustice and political corruption, fighting for the common man. Includes the origin of Superman and the first appearances of Lois Lane and Lex Luthor.