Have you spent too many hours than you can count exploring Rook Island in [amazon_link id=”B0050SXX88″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Far Cry 3[/amazon_link]? Have you already reset all the outposts and shot, stabbed and mauled your way through them again? Well the wait for more Far Cry 3 may not be too far off because the mysterious Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is on its way and I will readily admit that I do not know one dam thing about it. But do I really need to? It is more Far Cry 3. It could be a downloadable pack of Vaas giving his favorite campfire recipes and I would pay money for it.
The look of the logo is what is intriguing. It completely screams 80’s in every possible way. The electrified background, the font and hot pink coloring of the Blood Dragon logo, it all looks to be going for a retro feel like when you would pump quarter after quarter into Altered Beasts or Bad Dudes at the skating rink when you were seven because you were too fat for roller skates and you would rather play as a bad dude on top of a train punching thugs in the face. Thus the name…..Bad Dudes.
Sorry for losing track there.
Let’s take a look at the Xbox achievement list that has been released to see if we can take anything away from it.
- Welcome to the Party, Pal – Finished Helicopter Entry
- One Small Step – Finished First Garrison
- Way to Go, Garri-Son – Finish all the Garrisons
- Kill Them All – Finish all the Predator’s Path Quests
- End Game – Finished Final Showdown
- Nice Like Jesus – Finish all the Hostages Situations
- Murder Nature – Kill all the Animal Types
- Set Them Free – Destroy 5 Braincages
- Just the Tip – Kill a Dragon with the Bow
- Blood Dragon Down – Kill Your First Dragon
- Dragon Slayer – Kill 25 Dragons
- What are You Reading For? – Find all of Dr. Carlyle’s Notes
- The Greatest Format of all Time – Find all VHS Tapes
- Hail to the King – Reach Maximum Level and Become the Ultimate Badass
- Running man – After saving Darling, enter Combat Mode with a Dragon and Return to Stealth
- Tooled Up – Own all Weapons Attachment
- Derp – Jump Down from 50 Meters
- The Drug of the Nation – Find all TV SETS to Decrypt the Hidden Message
- The Only True Stopper – Headshot Every Type of Enemy
Well first off, good job on the Die Hard and Evil Dead references. Finding VHS tapes further seems to give credence to the 80’s theme. So what the hell? Are we back on Rook Island in the 80’s going all Vice City on Far Cry 3? I love the mystery. Keep checking back and we will let you know as soon as we do.