Super Bowl weekend is routinely a bad weekend at the box office. Of course, if people knew what kind of boring game they were in store for last night they might have went to see a movie instead of buying lots of food and sitting through four hours of a bird raping a horse.
Ride Along won the top spot for the third week in a row with only $12.2 million. The rest of the top ten shook out like previous weeks with Forzen, The Nut Job and Lone Survivor trailing. That Awkward Moment finished in third with $9 million. Still, if you are Zac Efron you have to feel good about yourself that there are $9 million worth of people that want to see your naked ass.
1. Ride Along- $12.2 million/ $92.9 million
2. Frozen- $9.3/ $360.0
3. That Awkward Moment- $9.0/ $9.0
4. The Nut Job- $7.6/ $50.2
5. Lone Survivor- $7.1/ $104.8
6. Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit- $5.4/ $38.9
7. Labor Day- $5.3/ $5.3
8. American Hustle- $4.3/ $132.1
9. The Wolf of Wall Street- $3.5/ $104.0
10. I, Frankenstein- $3.5/ $14.4