People decided to ride along with Kevin Hart and Ice Cube again this weekend. Before you judge me for that horrible beginning please be gentle. It is early and I have no excuse for it.
After setting the record for biggest January opening, Ride Along easily kept the top spot with $21.1 million with January’s other big story, Lone Survivor, poised to cross $100 million next week.
There was only one new release this week. I, Frankenstein could not even keep up with the horrid first week of The Legend of Hercules only bringing in $8.2 million. Both of those movies were released by Lionsgate, although I am sure the studio is not worried as they sit on the mound of cash from The Hunger Games franchise.
1. Ride Along- $21.1 million/ $75.4 million
2. Lone Survivor- $12.6/ $93.6
3. The Nut Job- $12.3/ $40.2
4. Frozen- $9.0/ $347.8
5. Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit- $8.8/ $30.1
6. I, Frankenstein- $8.2/ $8.2
7. American Hustle- $7.1/ $127.0
8. August: Osage County- $5.0/ $26.5
9. The Wolf of Wall Street- $5.0/ $98.0
10. Devil’s Due- $2.7/ $12.8
Leave a Reply